Introducing the Youth Employment and Skills Program (YESP): Your Chance to Thrive!
Attention, young residents of the Okanagan and Similkameen area in British Columbia, we have exciting news for you! The Youth Employment and Skills Program (YESP) is here to empower you and provide you with amazing employment opportunities. With approximately $13 million in funds available, this program aims to support projects that employ youth and address barriers they may face.
What Does YESP Offer?
Through YESP, eligible projects can receive up to $14,000 to employ one young individual. Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada is just one of the several Government of Canada departments participating in the Youth Employment and Skills Strategy. The initiative primarily focuses on promoting employment for youth facing various barriers. By joining YESP, you can gain invaluable work experience and boost your career prospects.
Who Can Benefit?
YESP is specifically designed to support youth facing different challenges. These include:
1. Indigenous Youth: If you belong to the First Nations, Inuit, and/or Métis communities, YESP aims to improve your job opportunities.
2. Individuals with Disabilities: YESP acknowledges and supports youth living with physical, mental health-related, or learning disabilities. Break barriers and unleash your potential with YESP.
3. Racialized Youth: YESP recognizes the impact of structural discrimination on racialized youth. This program strives to dismantle these barriers and create equal opportunities for all.
4. Recent Newcomers to Canada: If you have obtained permanent resident status or refugee status in Canada within the last 5 years, YESP is here to help you kickstart your career in your new home.
5. 2SLGBTQI+: YESP is inclusive and supports individuals who identify as Two-Spirit, lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer, questioning, intersex, asexual, and other sexually and gender diverse people.
6. Official Languages Minority Community (OLMC) Residents: If your first official language is not the majority language in your province or territory, YESP is committed to providing you with opportunities to excel.
7. Remote, Northern, and Fly-in Community Residents: YESP recognizes the unique challenges faced by those living in remote, northern, and fly-in communities. Join YESP to access opportunities that can bridge these gaps.
8. Low-Income Individuals: YESP aims to uplift youth living in low-income situations, ensuring equal access to employment and skills development.
Say YES to YESP!
Don’t miss out on this incredible opportunity to gain valuable skills, earn a wage, and embark on a successful career path. For more information about YESP, stay tuned to OKDAILY and find out how you can apply. Together, let’s pave the way for a brighter future for the youth in the Okanagan and Similkameen area!